Dear Mr. Smith,
With 15 years of New York City Police Department experience, currently as a Senior Law Enforcement Official, it is with great interest and enthusiasm that I submit my resume to be considered for the Police Chief position with the Delta Police Department. I will be relocating to the state of Georgia within the next few months and believe my experience and background would be an excellent match for this position.
Throughout my career with the New York City Police Department, I’ve had the opportunity to enhance the quality of life and provide a safe and secure environment for the residents of New York City by partnering with various city, state and federal agencies, collaborating with social service and youth organizations and
participating in ongoing trainings and professional development. Highlights of my background and experience include
- COORDINATING 100 Supervisors, 500 Detectives and Police Officers, and 25 civilian staff from various units and departments.
- MANAGING a $5.3 million budget and obtaining outside funding through grant awards and other sources (approx. $350,000).
- SUPERVISING and planning various emergency response efforts including 9/11 World Trade Center Disaster, 2003 Blackout, and American Airlines Flight 587 crash.
- INVESTIGATING high-profile cases and analyzing data and statistics to identify crime patterns and trends.
- ATTENDING trainings and continuous professional development courses to enhance skills and abilities.
I have visited the town of Delta a number of times in the past and found it to be a very charming and progressive community, one in which I have a strong desire to serve. I will call to schedule a personal interview to discuss your current needs and my strong law enforcement qualifications. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you for your time and consideration.