Dear Mrs. Smith,
It was with great interest that I learned about your opening for a General Merchandise Manager, as my qualifications match your requirements for this position. I am confident I can contribute to the success of Barnes & Noble College Bookstores; therefore, please accept my resume in application for this position and allow me to explain briefly how I meet your requirements and how I can add value to your organization.
As I read your company’s advertisement, I noted several connections between what you seek and my background:
- Bachelor of Arts degree from Temple University
- Exceeded service delivery goals as Customer Care Manager for Verizon Wireless
- 4 years as Senior Assistant Manager for retail outlet Shoppers Galore
- As manager with Verizon, led team to improved QA scores and 3x sales increase within 3 months of hire
- Superb communicator with customers, team members, and upper management
- Worked varying hours and weekend shifts frequently as manager with Shoppers
Beyond my qualifications, what I can contribute most significantly to your company’s future success is my ability to develop great relationships. Whether resolving a customer concern, addressing an issue with upper management, or mentoring a fellow team member, I consistently use a “positive communication” approach that leads to resolved problems and happy customers. In addition, my dedication and work ethic are strong, as my former supervisors will readily verify.
Thank you for your time and review of my qualifications. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, and I wish you the best in your candidate search for this position.